Your studies at the Institute of Mineral Processing Machines (IAM) of the TU Freiberg…
…are practice-oriented, renowned & individual!
- Are you interested in machines full of power, that seem to effortlessly crush cabinet-sized granite blocks?
- Or have you always wanted to know how to sort finest gold dust from sand?
Are you looking for something…
- or computer-simulated?
You want it all together?
Welcome at our Institute of Mineral Processing Machines (IAM)!
In your mechanical engineering studies, you specialize in mineral processing machines after the second academic year. It is a practice-oriented field of study that opens up a wide range of career perspectives to you. As early as in your bachelor thesis or even in your project, you already develop real solutions for specific constructive or scientific problems, which are often given directly by one of our industrial partners. The spectrum ranges from computer-simulations to experiments on both machines and natural occurring substances.
Furthermore, you can also attend lectures at our institute as part of your environmental engineering studies (when specializing in recycling) or industrial engineering studies (with a specialization in mechanical engineering).
And here’s what our students have to say about studying at the IAM (Youtube-interviews in German):
- 2011 ‑ 2015: Bachelor studies in mechanical engineering, with a specialization in mineral processing machines
- Since 2015: Master studies in mechanical engineering, with a specialization in mineral processing machines
- 2011 ‑ 2015: Bachelor studies in environmental engineering, specializing in recycling
- 2015 ‑ 2016: Semester abroad at the NTNU Trondheim
- Since 2015: Master studies in environmental engineering, specializing in recycling
- 2013 ‑ 2016: Bachelor studies in industrial engineering, subject specialization in mechanical engineering
- Since 2014: Working student at Köppern Aufbereitungstechnik GmbH & Co.KG
- Since 2016: Master studies in industrial engineering, subject specialization in mechanical engineering