Are you interested in other cultures? Would you like to study or work abroad? Or are you an international student in Freiberg and you need some support? – Then come and visit the International Day on Wednesday, 15 June in sports hall at Meißner Ring 20 c, close to the Mensa, and at 6 p. m. in Tivoli where an Arabian Evening will take place.
Part 1: International Day meets ORTE
- When: on Wednesday, 15th June, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Where: Sports hall Meißner Ring 20 c
What: The International Centre and partner organizations inform about studying and doing an internship abroad, including funding opportunities. Students, who already have been abroad, will report about it and share their experiences and insights.
The student organisation IAESTE offers worldwide placements. Leonardo Office Dresden supports outgoers with ERASMUS+ and PROMOS internships abroad. For international students special offers to improve their language skills as well as information about participating in Arbeitskreis Ausländische Studierende (AKAS) and its activities will be introduced.
- 10.15 a.m. – 10.45 a.m. Organizational information about ERASMUS placements (in German language)
- 10.45 a.m. – 11.15 a.m. Students report about their experiences during a placement in England and South Africa (in German language)
- 11.30 a.m. – 12.00 Local Report: Alumni of TU Bergakademie Freiberg report about their professional practice: Working in Finance and Investment in New York, Moscow and Baku – what to expect and what to avoid
- 12 – 1 p.m. Up-to-date information regarding the reintegration and financial support provided by Centre for International Migration and Development – CIM (in English language)
- 1 p.m. – 1.30 p.m. German Central Placement Office (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung – ZAV) speaks about Opportunities for international students in the German labour market (in English language)
- Guided tour through ORTE for international students: Please register until 13 June at the Career Center’s website
Chinese Tea Bar
To experience some exotic flair already in place, visit our Chinese tea bar. Please bring your own drinking bowl, if you have.
Part 2: Arabian Night
The International Day 2016 ends with the Arabian Night. Students from Arabic countries and AKAS invite you to enjoy arabian dances, music, various fashion styles, delicious food, different traditions, interesting presentations and many surprises.
- When: 15 June 2016, 6 p.m.
- Where: Tivoli, Dr.-Külz-Straße 3
- More information: Arabian Night event on facebook