PROMOS, the programme to increase the mobility of German students, is a scholarship programme of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
You can apply for a PROMOS scholarship if you are planning a stay outside of Europe or if no funding is possible in the Erasmus programme or if you do not have an Erasmus+ contract with a European university.
Important note: Your application does not guarantee that you will receive a PROMOS partial scholarship.
Information sheet on the PROMOS programme at TUBAF (in German language)
Please send your application by e-mail to Mr. Marcus Dietrich – .
- Application form
- CV in a tabular form with photo
The CV should illustrate the individual suitability of the candidate, as well as the extra-curricular activities/commitments
- Motivation letter
with adequate rationale and explanation of the project (please pay attention to these notes)
- ECTS transcript of records
Use the Self-Service-Terminal and, additionally for Master students, the Bachelor certificate with its transcript of records
- Language Certificate
Proof of sufficient language competence of the local language or language of instruction by certificates (i.e. Unicert) or confirmations (i.e. through the Language Centre); not necessary if you want to attend a language course; the language certificate should not be older than two years
- Letter of Confirmation from host university or Internship Contract from the host institution
If not yet available at time of application please submit as soon as you receive the document.
- Enrolment Certificate (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) of TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Use the Self-Service-Terminal
- Portrait photo
Not a photo of your passport, but a photo of yourself
- November 15th (for stays starting in the first half of the following year)
- April 30th (for stays starting in the second half of the year)
For study visits, internships, specialised courses
- Arrival Confirmation*
- Letter of Confirmation*
- Guidelines for the final report* (available in German only)
- Language certificate for applicants (if required, please contact language department)
*form is also provided in Mobility Online
For study trips
- Application form (available in German only; Please also refer to point 7 for further required application documents)
- Data Protection Notice
- PROMOS Call for applications 2023
- PROMOS Flyer 2023
- Country-specific funds in 2023
- Powerpoint Slides (available in German only)
- Information sheet about the PROMOS programme at the TU Bergkakademie Freiberg (available in German only)