17th Freiberg Colloquium of Young Researchers: Responsible Consumption and Production in the Use of the Earth´s resources
The colloquium is organised by the European University on Responsible Consumption and Production EURECA-PRO. It is focused on current social, environmental, economic and engineering sciences along the raw material value chain – and cycle. The colloquium is intended to foster a conscious and inspiring discourse between these various disciplines. All presentations should reflect on the aspect of responsible consumption and production in the sense of Sustainable Development Goal 12.
Thematic priorities include:
- Environmental Surroundings – Responsible management of our resources water and air
- Engineering – Sustainable Processing of Raw Materials, from Mining into Circular Economy
- Sustainable Materials and Products
- Economic costs and benefits of sustainable production and consumption
- Management tools for sustainable production and consumption
- Legal framework for responsible consumption and production
- Social Sciences – Consumption and its key role as one game changer
Why is attending the colloquium interesting for young scientists? The colloquium offers PhD students an opportunity to present and discuss their own research work and to obtain ideas for further research. Participants are invited to take part in a comprehensive programme with a training course on excellence research for Sustainability and excursions to institutions and companies in a region, which is not only historically known for its mining, but also for its high-levelled innovative strength.
Information and Application: https://www.eurecapro.eu/17th-colloquium-of-young-researchers/
Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Carsten Drebenstedt, Institute of Mining Colloquium Office: Kirstin Kleeberg Institute of Mining Gustav-Zeuner-Str. 1A 09599 Freiberg Phone +49 3731 39-2241