The Ukrainian students and doctoral candidates at the TU Bergakademie would like to thank everyone for their donations so far!
On the initiative of Yuliia Lytovets, a student at the TUBAF, urgently needed donations in kind are being collected, and will be driven to the Ukrainian border by a Leipzig initiative. The transport from Freiberg to Leipzig will be on Friday. The transport to the Ukrainian border will be on Sunday.
The collection campaign will continue beyond 18 March 2022.
Need for donations in kind
- Winter shoes for men, women and children
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sleeping mats
- Flash lights
- Warm men’s clothing
- Medicines (non-perishable), first aid kits
- Food: tinned and long-life food, protein bars and nut mixes, infant formula, instant coffee und tea
- Medical item:
- first-aid kids (in a cloth bag)
- blood pressure cuffs/Tourniquets
- sterile dressing material: gauze, printing association, bandages, napkins, patches
- medical scissors, disposable gloves
- painkillers (Paracetamol, Ketanov, Lidocain, Metoclopramid, Dexamethason, Prednisolon, Lidocain)
- anti-inflammatory preparations
- cold medicines (Sinupret, Gelomyrto, Cetirizin, Bronchipret, Nurofen)
- antibiotics (Hämostatisch beliebig stark – Etamzilat, Ditsinon, beruhigend)
- Panthenol, iodine, valerian
- activated charcoal
- hydrogen peroxide
- eye-, ear- und nosedrops
- active coal
- Dexalgin Ampullen
- Diclofenac Ampullen
- NaCl Infusionslösung
- I/O Katheter für Infusionen
- Systeme für IV-Infusionen
- wound suturing material
- hydrogen peroxide
- saline solution
- Metoclopramid Tabletten
- Papaverin, Dibazol
- Analgin Ampullen
- Diphenhydramon Ampullen
Important note: Important: Receipts are required for all medicines and should be with the medicines so that everything can be brought across the border without any problems.
Please only donate items that are listed here.
Collection points and deadline
Donations in kind can be dropped off at the following locations.
- a) Office of the Studentenrat (student council): 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- b) Barbara-Keller (Nonnengasse): access via the courtyard Akademiestraße / Nonnengasse: 12 noon – 2 p.m.
A collection point for donations in kind for Ukrainian refugees has been set up in the town of Freiberg. Location: area of the “Deutsches Brennstoff-Institut” – DBI, Halsbrücker Straße 34. Time: Mondays from 4 to 7 p.m..
The way to the collection point is signposted. Further information including a list of needed donations in kind: https://www.freiberg.de/stadt-und-buerger/aktuelles/hilfe-fuer-fluechtlinge-und-ukraine
What happens with my donation?
All donations in kind, with the exception of medicines, are brought to Leipzig to the collection point of the organisation Leipzig.Hilft. There, the donations are divided into two categories: things needed at the border and things needed in Ukraine. These donations are brought from the border to the Ukrainian interior by means of a military transport.
Medical items are delivered by two Ukrainian employees of the TU Bergakademie to a private collection initiative in Dresden. From there, they are driven directly to Kiev in Ukraine.
Thank you very much for your support!