Learn project management while planning your own doctorate! You will learn the basics of project man-agement as it is commonly used in business and science – this course therefore represents a general introduction to this topic. At the same time, the focus of the course will be on the particularities that need to be taken into account when planning a doctorate.
The techniques covered will be practiced on the participants’ individual doctoral cases. As a result, they create a plan for their (remaining) doctoral time and learn how to utilize it. Instead of presenting golden rules, the advantages and disadvantages of different project management procedures will be explained. Participants are encouraged to contribute their own preferences and experiences and to vary the techniques presented.
– Content and goal planning incl. creativity techniques
– Overview planning incl. Gantt diagram and network plan
– Agile techniques incl. Scrum and Kanban
– Human resource management incl. teamwork and leadership
– The magic triangle of quality, time and cost
– Analysis methods incl. stakeholder and risk analysis
Short sequences of frontal input alternate with individual and group work. The participants should be able to contribute their own experiences and find their current challenges.
- the participants master techniques to plan, manage and evaluate their doctoral phase
- they know how to use and individualize those techniques and which environmental factors are relevant
- they have created plans for their (remaining) doctoral period and found tools to maintain them on an ongoing basis
January 30, 2024 (09:00 am – 12:00 noon)
January 31, 2024 (09:00 am – 12:00 noon)
February 13, 2024 (09:00 am – 12:00 noon)
Please note that we can only give certificates for attending at least 80% of the course.
|Trainer||Dr. Alexander Egeling|
|Format||online (link will be shared close to the course date)|
|Fee||no fee for members of the TUBAF|
|Work unit (AE)||16|
|Financially supported by||Dr. Erich-Krüger-Stiftung|
|Registration Deadline||January 14, 2023|
Here you can register for the course.
Please fill out each field carefully. Your data will be used for internal processes.
If you cannot sign up via this form, please use the option to sign up for the waiting list.
The course can be visited for free. To ensure that others can move up from the waiting list, we would like to ask for your timely deregistration (1 week before the start of the course). We reserve the right to charge the costs of the course proportionally for unexcused absence (without medical certificate).